Fame grants players access to various rewards as they provide goods and services to various factions within the game.
When players have accumulated enough fame points with a certain faction, players are able to purchase unique items from that faction's vendors.
There are four types of fame: regional, general, special, and guild. You can view the first three in the fame tab of your character info window, and the last one in your guild window.
Regional fame is obtained by completing all quests in a certain zone which are given by any of the NPCs in the area. Regional fame can only be used in the area they were obtained. Most of the rewards are equipment, including trophies. You can buy them from fame chests in town (green smiley on the map).
Andrew Village fameEdit
- Rock Heart Ring --Melee oriented ring, requires 1000 Andrew Village fame points. Costs 260 silver.
- Dark Radiance Ring --Magic oriented ring, requires 1000 Andrew Village fame points. Costs 260 silver.
- Departure Crystal --Trophy item with unique effects (more on item page), requires 2000 Andrew Village fame points. Costs 452 silver.
General fame is obtained by turning in quest items, such as Terrified Thoughts and Foolish Thoughts, to the specific and respective faction NPC who is located in Aven. Most of the rewards given by the fame vendors are weapons, quest books, and armor as well as other items.
Aven has 9 factions where each one has 3 types of NPCs:
- An NPC that requires farm/mine/altar summon items, like Garden Cotton or Sacred Animal Fur. This NPC is usually the first players see in order to begin accumulating initial fame.
- An NPC that require monster drop items, like Terrified Thought, where a minimum requirement of 101 fame points is required before handing these Items in order to earn fame.
- An NPC that sells items to players, that are of a higher quality.
Special fame is obtained by completing book quests, through and for the Curia Library or battlefield participation.
Guild fame advances a guild's level. Guild fame is accumulated by a guild as its members complete guild quests. Members may purchase scrolls from guild quest officer Kaiser in Aven, or from the bulletin board inside the guild town.